July 13, 2012

Thoughts and Things

July 13, 2012
This is my official "before LeakyCon" post. I am just gonna go crazy and tell you how excited I am and what I want to do and how I hope it turns out. It just feels like once I go to LeakyCon I'll be a different person, and I really wanna document the before. Because it's just as important as the after. (But not as important as the actual conference.)

So, I'm going to this lovely event with one of my dear friends Danielle. She's loud and crazy and just as good of a fangirl as I am (sometimes I think she's even better than me). I don't know where we're staying, and I don't know how we're actually getting there, but we have our tickets and the schedule came out today so I've been planning things out and it's all so freaking amazing. Like, I don't know how I'm going to be able to go to school after being in Leaky Land.

Basically our biggest plans for the conference include signings and meeting various people. I want to talk to as many fans as I can to just make friends. And have fun. But really we want to meet the wrockers and YouTubers and everyone who's made the fandom what it is today. I'm most excited to meet Evanna Lynch, Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Luke Conard, Kristina Horner, Jason Munday, Rosianna (missxrojas), and hopefully Hayley G Hoover. (I'm gonna be on the look out the whole time for people who are internet personalities but not really big fandom people...you know? Basically we're gonna spend the whole time fangirling.

My biggest goal of the whole experience is memories. I want to find people just like me who'll talk to me and smile and take pictures with me and ultimately just be a part of a small section of my life. Since my parents won't be around, I feel like I'll be able to just be me (aka be internet me who's much more fearless than real life me).

(Sorry for a break in the post, but on the wrockBOX at myHogwarts my Wizard Rock song just came one. I'm having a moment of OMG WHAT IS LIFE THIS IS SO AWESOME!)

Anyways, I am bringing about 10GB worth of memory cards as well as my laptop, Nikon D3000, and really lame video camera, so I'm hoping to overload on pictures and video footage and stuff. Also I'm planning on finding/making a journal (with blank pages) so I can have fandom celebrities and also new friends sign it. I just really want to connect. And I think since I've been craving company all summer, it will be amazing to just be around nerds and dorks and fans and just be in my natural environment.

And people, I'm going to dance. I have never truly danced (like I dance in my room) in a public setting before, but I promise it's going to happen. I'm going to full out shake my groove thang and just live in the moment. Because I've realized recently that life is too short. And you really need to let yourself go every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014