July 10, 2012

And your point was...?

July 10, 2012
People read books to save themselves. To make themselves feel whole and important and adventurous. I think that the books we read can sometimes reflect who we are as human beings. For example, I read fictional stories like Harry Potter and the Sword of Truth series. I am someone who is adventurous and who doesn't care what other people think. I cannot wait to go to LeakyCon to see how I'll act around people who are just like me. I hope I'm crazy and talkative. As for other readers, what we read really demonstrates what we desire. Some people want to live the life of a criminal, some want to have a life full of love, and some people just want to know what the universe is about.

Ultimately, I think reading is a beautiful form of entertainment. Nothing compares to that point when you have about a hundred pages to go and you decided to just finish it...and you do...at 2:30 in the morning. That moment is just breathtaking. Because no one else can share it with you but you and your characters. You either get that ultimate closing that makes you feel sad and complete, or you end one of the beginning books in a series and you're stuck at a gigantic cliffhanger. I don't know why, but finishing a book that late and being the last person awake is just magical. I've been wanting to do that again for some time now. And since I'm in the middle of seven books, you'd think I could do it. However, of those seven books, I only want to read one of them at the moment. And so, I do not think that will be happening for quite some time.

This week has been very uneventful in my life so far. I just keep fantasizing about LeakyCon and taking Hannah's senior photos and hanging out with some of my dear friends. And I'm also thinking about school. It still freaks me out when I think about being a senior. Part of me wants to run to school and fill my locker and just see all my almost friends. But another part of me is screaming, "Don't fall for that trap! Once you get back into school, you'll be wishing you were dead!" And as true as this is, I think school is necessary. I won't say that during school, but honestly, I think I would be very miserable just sitting around all the time waiting for something to happen. You need a research paper or a video project or new material to learn. Honestly, it's way more fun to do nothing when you have other stuff to be doing. Because when you don't have other stuff to be doing, you feel like you should be doing other stuff. But when you have stuff, you just don't want to do that other stuff. You get me?

I'm so nervous for the next few weeks. And I hope I can hold on to the summer as it slips away. But really, I will be so happy when August comes. Because that means LeakyCon. And so many new friends. And celebrities. So many celebrities. What was the point of this post again?

"Your future will be brighter by far than your past." - Job 8:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014