December 27, 2017

2017

December 27, 2017

2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

I'll have you know that I took at least twice as many photos this year as I've ever taken during any year of my life. I got more client work than ever before, and I vowed to take more photos in every aspect of my life. 12 months later, I am floored at what I captured this year. Even though I took more photos of my friends and the books I've read, I also had a lot of photos of myself taken - many self-portraits, but also many photos taken by friends. It's not always that great to live life through a lens, especially when you don't appreciate what you're living through, but I could not be more grateful to myself for truly capturing this year. 

Although every year for the past five years (yikes) has been incredible and life-changing, this one mirrored 2014 in being an incredibly difficult year. Contrary to 2014 though, this year actually had a lot of amazing highs. I describe 2017 as the rollercoaster year, the trainwreck, the sour-patch kids one that punched me in the face while also giving me some of the greatest moments of my life. I know the hard times made me stronger, and I am hopeful that going into 2018 I will get some of karma back and God will show the fruits of some of my labors. And if not, well, I trust Him. He did a lot for me this year.

graduated college magna cum laude, hamilton chicago + great comet of 1812 x2 + fun home + something rotten + little mermaid + anastasia + waitress (FRONT ROW WITH SARA BAREILLES YALL) + puffs, 36 books read, interviewed cassie clare + v schwab + laini taylor + kathryn ormsbee, paramore (500 people show for $20!!!) + todrick hall + lady antebellum + jon bellion + bleachers, NEW TAYLOR ALBUM, got my name in the acknowledgements of a book (the temptation of adam), shot a metal band's music video, bookcon + vidcon + booknet fest + seya book fest, went to california for the first time ever, met my photo role model kenzie kate, went to the wizarding world of hp for the first time, moderated my first panel, led my first roundtable at a conference, upgraded to a d750, got my own website, marathoned 15 marvel movies in 10 days, took photos for bookchat show, got my first non-food service part time job working for GSV, passed 14,000 subscribers (that's DOUBLE what i had 12 months ago!), went to the beach a few times, got a new car (bc i hit a deer at 70 mph)...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014