September 21, 2015

I'm back?

September 21, 2015
It seems like I've neglected this blog for a while. Honestly, the main reason is because I haven't felt very introspective lately. Most days I just try not to think about what I'm doing. I listen to music or watch Big Brother or hang out with people. Or do homework. Because that's a real thing this semester. 

So, rather than being introspective, I'm going to share some things that have been on my mind lately. 



Mom keeps talking about her new computer and it makes me excited for whenever I get a new computer. Not yet, because I'm still very attached to this little laptop of mine, but soon. And if that soon comes in the next few years, I am going to have to decide between a new macbook or a mac desktop. I think desktops are gorgeous, and grown up, but I also know that I love sitting on my couch with my laptop. So I don't know. But here's a pretty desktop to ooh and aah over. 


I saw a gifset of this on Tumblr recently and I forgot that the last time I saw this was over a year ago. I really want to rewatch it. And own it. And cry over it. (It being If I Stay.)


Shockingly, I'm still not over Taylor. It's been two months since I saw her, and I'm really sad about it. I just want to see her again in concert! All I do these days is listen to live recordings from her shows. (I Knew You Were Trouble slays me every time.) Additionally, when I'm sitting in bed on tumblr at night I put on my recording of my show and listen to it all the way through...you think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Since I can't see her again (or so it would seem), I'll have to listen to this instead. Aka my new obsession. Favorites include "How You Get the Girl," "This Love," and "I Wish You Would" aka some of my least favorites on the original album. (I still love the originals, but somehow I think they were meant to sound like Ryan Adams versions.)


I'm doing a project on Mad Max: Fury Road and masculinities. And I'm still obsessed with all the girls in the film.


Still not over Queen of Shadows, tbh.


This past weekend I did some bible reading and it was actually awesome. I want to do it more often, but I just don't for some reason...then again, I also want a new bible. But I won't get one of those for a long time, I'm sure. I gotta use up this old one first! (It's from 2008. I'll never get rid of it because it has an inscription from my late grandma.)


This is a thing I'm doing again. For the sixth time. (I'm getting so old, guys.) But this year I am extremely optimistic. Like, I've been somewhat planning this since July, and I'm not sick of it just yet? Part of that is because I have so many characters that I've been developing that it feels more like a family than anything. Although, I think the main characters are my least favorite characters, so that's a bummer, but oh well. I do feel like I know my characters really well though. I'd highly recommend going pinterest crazy if you're planning a novel. Anyways, this could finally be the year I make (and finish) something beautiful. We'll see.


Somehow I feel like this describes my life the past week or two. My room is really messy and I feel like I just lay around and sleep...but at the same time, I am doing a lot. I'm always running around doing something, and I have so many projects and papers and tests it's ridiculous. Nothing like some of my other friends, of course, but for me it's a lot.


I thought I was over my Halsey obsession because Badlands has rotated off my main playlist for this week, but I relistened to some of her stuff last night and I realized I will NEVER be over her. She's super awesome. 


If we're still talking about artists I'm obsessed with, Walk Off the Earth is one of them. Thanks to my wonderful father, I can't stop listening to them. First it was their new album Sing It All Away, and now it's their previous album R.E.V.O. WHY MUST THEY BE SO CATCHY AND TALENTED? Also I'm really sad that I missed their US tour dates this year because I am ITCHING to see them perform live. Mainly I just want to hear "Rule the World" live. 


I'm also really excited about fall. The weather is slowly cooling off, and in a few weeks I get to see Dad and Foo Fighters!! So, to end this off and get excited about fall, here are some of my recent jams.

  • On My Mind - Ellie Goulding
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Live 1989 Version) - Taylor Swift
  • REVO - Walk Off the Earth
  • Wasn't Expecting That - Jamie Lawson
  • Landslide - Oh Wonder
  • Confident - Demi Lovato
  • Save My Soul - JoJo
  • The Best Day - Taylor Swift
  • I Wish You Would - Ryan Adams
  • Roman Holiday - Halsey
  • I Am - Leona Lewis
  • Livewire - Oh Wonder
  • Shot Me in the Heart - Christina Perri
  • Ahead of Myself - Jamie Lawson
  • How You Get the Girl - Ryan Adams
  • Alright - Walk Off the Earth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014