November 10, 2013

I am becoming.

November 10, 2013
This past weekend I attended the first ever BU Women's Retreat with some girls from my school. At first, I didn't really know what to expect (except for a gorgeous location), but by the end of the weekend I'd found some of the most beautiful women. There were alumni and upperclassmen and freshman and all of us felt like a team. The sessions we went through talked about vulnerability and fear and pain and healing and everything in between. I felt truly blessed to be able to go, and the experience has me considering the idea of becoming an SLA (Spiritual Life Advisor) next year. I guess we'll see what happens, but that's what I really got out of the weekend.

Here are some of my notes: 

"put yourself in a place that could bring pain for the sake of a larger purpose"
"vulnerability is obedience"
"our sin is a carrier of god's grace"
"EMBRACE WEAKNESS"
"look at your horizontal relationships vs your vertical relationship"
"EVERYONE IS GOING TO FAIL YOU IN SOME WAY"
"I want to look like I just walked off the battlefield for Christ"
"the hardness of my life today is because of the redemption of someone's tomorrow"
"YOU'RE EXACTLY WHERE GOD WANTS YOU"
"ACTIVELY SEEK THE PRESENCE OF GOD"
"the Lord never lets something go unfinished"
"celebrate every struggle"
"lean into god rather than running away"
"he has a grander plan"

It was an amazing experience, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." - Colossians 2:6-7



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014