December 22, 2012

Magical Nights

December 22, 2012
Do you ever have one of those days where you don't really accomplish much, but at the same time, you can feel yourself smiling on the inside? I don't know how else to explain it, but today was just nice. I woke up when I wanted to, I made Oreo Balls by myself, I spent some time with my family, I listened to some of the songs from Laura's 12 CD Christmas gift, and I watched both The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2. I'm just really happy for the next few days. Well, actually, these next two weeks. I hope to finish The Casual Vacancy. No, I will finish The Casual Vacancy. It's been sitting on my shelf since early October and I just want it to be over. I need to know where Jo takes the plot and the characters. I also want to get through Clash of Kings, but I think that's a bit optimistic. Tomorrow is my work Christmas party, and I just really want to be that quiet girl who makes some great funny comments and ends up having a good time. It makes me think about Perks of Being a Wallflower when Charlie goes to his Christmas party and gives great gifts and just thinking about that scene makes me want to cry because it's so beautiful. That's what I want. I want to give thoughtful gifts all the time. But yeah, I'm hoping I can be good at socializing tomorrow and that I'm not my usual quiet sarcastic self who just tries to barge into conversations. And then, after tomorrow, it's basically Christmas. We're going to church at the local university's chapel with my grandma and then we're probably opening our presents that night. It just seems more magical to open presents then than in the morning with the sun. I don't know. That's just how my brother and I feel. Then on Tuesday we're going to brunch with both my grandparents (at my Grandpa's...he's in an Alzheimer's facility so we're eating there I think...) and then later in the day we're going to see Les Miserables. I am beyond excited, even if one of the main reasons is to see/hear Anne Hathaway sing "I Dreamed a Dream". She is just so flawless. And yes, apparently we are one of those families who goes to the movies on Christmas. Shut up. Anyways, I hope you have a lovely Christmas and that your next few nights are as magical as mine. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014