August 21, 2012

Kicking Some Senior Butt

August 21, 2012
Tomorrow is my last first day of high school.

I knew it was coming. Everyone told me that high school goes by super fast. But when you start out as a little freshman, you don't think you'll ever become a senior. Now, I'm not going to be a mean senior who thinks she's better than everyone else, but I still think I should be sort of respected. My brother is coming in as a freshman, and he just seems way to cocky for that age. Sure, freshman are supposed to be cocky, but since he knows a lot of the seniors in my class, I think he feels like he can just waltz around the halls all cool like. I hate that idea because honestly, when I was a freshman, I was scared by even the juniors. I hardly remember the senior class that year. And now it still hasn't hit me that there isn't a class ahead of me. Wow.

I've learned a lot of things in high school, and I'm sure I'll learn even more this coming year. I think the biggest thing is that you really can't care what other people think of you. Everyone has flaws. And I've learned to love mine. Well, flaws...they're more like unique little perks that I wound up with. These include being a super fangirl, a semi-nerd, a music know-it-all, an antisocial blogger, and a fiction junkie. As a freshman I would never move my head along to my music on the bus. That is something I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. As a freshman I would never talk about my love of Taylor Swift/Harry Potter with a loud booming voice in my Photography class filled with semi-cute boys/popular girls. Now I really just wanna do it all over again. I've become more confident, less nit-picky about who I am/how I look, and overall I think I'm just a happier person. I still have a lot of changes to make in my life, but at the moment I'm pretty damn proud of who I've become. I'm no longer the acne ridden twelve/thirteen year old who was paranoid of everything and constantly hiding who she was. Now I'm a borderline fashionable seventeen year old who's applying to colleges and going to her classes without really knowing who's in them and not giving a crap. Because what's the worst that could happen? I'll just end up not talking to anyone and being a beast in the class? OH WAIT.

So bring it on senior year. Give me a crud load of Calculus homework. Give me a 600 page book to read. Give me homework about gravity and force and Physics. I'm gonna conquer you. I'm going to be the person I've become, and I'm gonna kick your butt. And I'm gonna scream about Taylor's new album/JK's new book/Starkid's new musical/Doctor Who's new episodes while I do it.

Jenna out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014