July 26, 2012

Nothing There

July 26, 2012
I just came to a realization that even though I'm happier with life than I've been in ages, I'm still missing something. I could be God, I don't know, but I just don't have any feelings. Sure I'm excited for the next few months, but I don't really count that. It's expected. I'm going to LeakyCon, I'll be a senior in high school, there are a million new albums and movies coming out. Nothing new there. But there is absolutely nothing in my life that makes me want to cry or fall in love with someone or even just have a serious conversation. Those nights earlier this summer are long gone, and I don't even have a song to show for it. I have a deep feeling that I've lost my songwriting gene. I can't write a decent song. Not now. I haven't had a serious encounter with a good album in a while, and the music I'm listening to is either Pop music or Disney music or Wizard rock music. None of which is very inspiring or worthy of my writing style. It's just so frustrated to see how much other musicians are doing and I'm just sitting in my room trying to find good music to listen to. I've just lost that writing feeling. Where you know something terrible happened and you need to document it. I just can't. There is nothing there. Nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014