June 28, 2012

People

June 28, 2012
Instead of writing a long drawn out rant about being a senior or why I can't wait to go to college, I'm going to give you a list and description of some of my favorite people. Some of these people are my close friends or family, some of these people are celebrities, and some of these people are people who I've never met, but are very important to my life.
  1. Kayley Hyde - The YouTuber known as owlssayhooot has been one of my role models since about 2010. I found her videos probably through fiveawesomegirls (which I found through Kristina Horner), and ever since that summer, I've been legitimately obsessed with her. I've never met her, but I think she is gorgeous in mind and body. Her nail polish, her rings, her hair, her face, her room (and various other travel locations), her blog, her interests are all things that I love about her. She's just someone I would love to meet because I think we could really be good friends. I also wish her the best of luck in all of her endeavors. 
  2. Kristina Horner - When I first got involved in wizard rock, The Parselmouths and Ministry of Magic were my go-to bands. Now The Parselmouths aren't really that active, and I've found a bunch of other amazing bands, but those two will always be my originals. I was particularly fond of The Parselmouths because they were so weird, and they were girls. (Any chance for girl power is great, right?) And when I found Kristina Horner, I basically fell in love. She is the sweetest most obnoxious nerd ever. And I love the way she decorates. And her interests. And basically everything about her. I am super excited because when I emailed her, she responded that she would be attending LeakyCon this year (it's my first time and I'm hoping to meet as many people as possible). So basically, if I meet her, I will fangirl so hard.
  3. Tessa Violet - I didn't get into meekakitty until probably a year or two ago. (I honestly don't remember when I find people.) But the thing about Tessa is that she's extremely humorous. I can't watch one of her videos without smiling. And then, mix in her insane beauty and gorgeous red hair, and you get the perfect YouTuber and person. I've fallen in love with her music tastes well. But really, I am so happy when I watch her. She's also a Christian (I think?) and so that is even better. She's the complete package of awesome, and I so hope she's going to LeakyCon so I can meet her. 
  4. Laura Zocca - A year or so ago when I heard of Laura Zocca, I was dubious that she was that good. I'll admit it. Honestly, I thought she was so overrated. And then I found her Tumblr. And listened to her originals. And fell in love with her music. I was so wrong about her, and now she's one of my favorite YouTube artists. She writes all the time. I love seeing her post new lyrics or posting an instagram pic or blogging on Tumblr. She's super sweet, and has responded to me more than once. And ultimately, I love her to death. If I could see her perform or meet her afterword, I would be so happy because she's a true inspiration to me. She helps me write songs when I have writer's block. 
  5. Kate McGill - This woman. Oh my goodness. I found her ages ago, like back when she was singing her originals in her bathroom and feeling extremely insecure. Since then she's released an album, made a few music videos, and really made a name for herself in music. I've never met her, but she heard one of my covers of her song "Replaced", and commented that it was one of her favorites. I ordered her physical CD, and after telling her, "Hey, I'm the girl with the cover you liked!" She signed my CD commenting on the cover and it is one of my favorite CDs because of that. She's a beautiful soul, and I would not be the same without her. Thank you, Kate. 
  6. Megan Mace - So, you know those artists who you find and you follow them and then they get big and everyone's like, "Omg I'm their biggest fan!!" And you just sit there with a face of stone and whisper to yourself, "Well, I've been their biggest fan for about five years now so shut the frik up." That's me. And Megan & Liz. I found Megan & Liz back when they had their "La la Land" cover. They were the coolest thing ever, and I told a bunch of people about them. Flash forward to now, and they're set to release their debut album this year. I met them in March, and they're the sweetest people on the planet. Even though I love Liz and think she's gorgeous, Megan will always be my girl. She's amazing and so sweet, and I love her sense of style. I am forever thankful for her attitude towards being a normal person, and I will never forget meeting her that first time. 
  7. Taylor Swift - Everyone loves her, and so do I. I was a fan ever since January 2008, and now she's probably my favorite person. She's gorgeous, fashionable, mature, hilarious, sweet, and ultimately a songwriting genius. I have been saving my money for a year or two now, and in September I should have about $300 to use on a ticket for her next tour. I cannot wait for her new album, and I don't think I'll ever be able to describe how much I love her and her music. She's more than another singer; she's a queen.
  8. Miley Cyrus - Back in 2007, I went to a concert for Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus. That concert was not my favorite, but it was still awesome. To sit in an arena and think, "Wow. I'm in the same room as Miley Cyrus." is really amazing. And I love her now because even though she's risque and slightly too mature, she's really a great role model. She's caring, kind, thoughtful, and honestly, she's not perfect. Which is what makes her great. She knows she's made mistakes, but that doesn't stop her from moving on and doing amazing things. I'm beyond excited about her engagement, and I hope she is happy with Liam. Because they are adorable. 
  9. Kelly Havens Reed - As you are learning, I am very fond of words and Tumblr and creative things. When I was first getting on Tumblr and looking through Flickr accounts, I found Kelly. Now, she's an adorable red head who takes awesome photos. Or so I thought. Even though that's true, you don't know how amazing she is until you actually read her words or watch her videos. She is an artist, but ultimately a philosopher. She loves God and she's the most amazing role model ever because she's so in tune with her surroundings. And she's also gorgeous. (New haircut recently; love it.)
  10. Jess Marie - I'm pretty sure she was the first Tumblr I found. At least, she's definitely the first one I fell in love with. I was going to be a sophomore, and she posted pretty pictures. I found her Flickr and that too was filled with film and lovely things. Then I found out she was a Potterhead like me. From there I sent her anonymous messages and silently hoped to get her email address. And then I got a Tumblr. At first she was that amazing internet personality who I thought would never talk to me. But eventually, she was following me, messaging me, and liking my posts. And I was so happy. Well, since then we've sparked a small internet friendship. She's so nice and always makes my day. And I don't know if I'll ever meet her, but I constantly think that if we did, we would be those two friends who did amazing things together. And constantly did cliche crazy things. 
  11. Christina - A few weeks ago I came up with the brilliant idea of finding an email pen pal from someone on Tumblr. Now, I'd talked with this girl previously on there, but I wasn't extremely close to her. I knew she was nice and nerdy like me, so I happily agreed. Ever since we've been going back and forth and she's like the older sister I never had. I don't know what she looks like or anything, but her mind is pure gold. I love talking to her because whenever I'm sad or freaked out or excited or anything, she's right there with a response that always blows my mind a little. Plus, she likes most of the things I do. And it's like, why wouldn't I like someone like that? I don't know if we'll ever meet, but she is fantastic and I hope she goes far in life. Because in the short time I've been emailing her, she has helped me so much. 
  12. Hannah - Basically she's my best friend in the entire world. I've known her since birth, and we've been friends for 17 years. She's Asian and a little wild, but if she wasn't in my life, I don't know what I'd do. I could make a super long post about how she's made me a better person or how even when we fight we have that mutual "We may be mad at each other for this one thing right now, but if you stop being my friend I will probably punch you." feeling. And that's what I love most about her. We both have highs and lows, but in the end, we're always there for each other. I'm taking her senior pictures in July, and I could not be more excited. She's going to be amazing whatever she does. And I will always love her.
  13. Molly - In seventh grade my friend group had a major split. There was a fight, and me and a few other girls switched lunch tables. Well, at this new lunch table was a girl who I'd seen around but honestly did not find that interesting. She was that girl who wasn't in all honors, didn't wear Hollister or Abercrombie, and really didn't cross paths with me. And then I ate lunch with her. Oh my gosh, she was the sweetest most hilarious person ever. And then I just couldn't stop hanging out with her. My friends eventually got back into our original lunch table, but I was not going to stop being friends with Molly. She joined my friend group and ever since we've been like sisters. As we've gone through high school, she's been the only friend I can talk to that actually understands my inner feelings. She's the person I can say, "Sometimes I wish I could just tell everyone I actually hate them." And she would respond saying "Yeah, but then you'd have no friends." And I'd say, "But right now I feel like I don't have many friends." And she'd agree with me. Both of us have a lot of friends, but really like two or three friends we actually like. And I love her because I can say anything to her, and she understands. No questions, no concerns, just nodding. Because she usually feels the same way. We plan on sending each other letters when we go to college. No big deal.
  14. Laura - I never used to be friends with her. And I find that hilarious. Because honestly, we just became friends because we were both writers. And then all of a sudden we exchanged emails and Facebook messages and found out that we're virtually the same person. Because we're introverts and wannabe hipsters and Potterheads and bookworms and nostalgic teenagers. I love her because she's the one person who understands why fashion is so awesome. And why sometimes you just have to write a novel. I don't think I could ever tell her how much she means to me because she's the unexpected friend who became part of my lifeline. I love her to death, and she's so freaking busy that I never get to spend time with her. So that's frustrating. 
  15. Danielle - She and I have known each other ever since preschool. And, to be honest, I didn't hang out with her that much in middle school. But then for some reason, we really hit it off at the end of freshman year and into sophomore year. Now I don't know what I'd do without her. She's hilarious, super fly, and she gets my like nobody else. She's one of the few people I can talk to about Taylor Swift, Doctor Who, and Tumblr in public. And I love her for that. We're going to LeakyCon together in August, and I couldn't be more excited. She's just a bottle of sunshine, and I hope we stay in touch after high school. Honestly. 
  16. Whitney - My lovely college-aged cousin. I never understood why we didn't hang out when she was in high school...until I was in high school. Sometimes you just don't wanna talk or play with dolls or do anything but read and listen to music. And now, after we've both grown up a little, I love her. She's so gorgeous, and her Facebook pictures are flawless. I hope that when I go to college I can be like her. She's one of my biggest role models because she's just like me, except, older and slightly more outgoing than me. And also way prettier than me. But I really think she's going to go far in her life, and I can't wait to see where she goes. 
So I guess it stops at fourteen. Well, I kinda made this list for me to rant about my favorite people, but really, it'll be nice to have a reference page for people when I talk about some of these guys on a regular basis. Mainly my friends and internet personalities. If you want to know where to find some of the internet people or YouTubers, just let me know and I'll post links. I'm too lazy to right now. Story of my freaking life. Peace out homies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014