As a first post, I would like to take a moment to give you a general image of me. Jenna.
I am a high school senior (which, can I just say, is extremely horrifying), and I am currently looking into a college that is six hours away from where my parents live. Most of the time I am a quiet kid, but if I find someone who shares a lot of my interests, or who is ultimately an interesting person, I can really talk a lot. Many people are surprised when I get on Facebook and talk a mile a minute about Harry Potter or music. Let's just say that I take my media and creative outlets very seriously.
Most of the things I'm interested in are considered dorky or nerdy or just plain different. And when I was growing up, I was the girl who secretly loved Hannah Montana, but always told everyone she hated it. Now, after going through three years of high school and making multiple friends, I've found that I love talking to people about old Hannah Montana episodes. Or Kim Possible. Or sometimes even Spongebob.
There are a few things that, if you plan on following this blog or reading any part of it, you really should understand. First off, I am obsessed (and I mean obsessed like that girl who loves Justin Bieber and screams his name whenever he's on TV) with the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I fell in love with it in fourth grade, and now, eight years later, I am still addicted to it. (In fact, I'm going to LeakyCon this August!!) Second, I am a musician, and that means that I like to spend a lot of time fangirling over artists and albums and songs. I hope to major in Songwriting and minor in Audio Engineering at the college I'm looking at, and ultimately, I just want to make music for the rest of my life. I own a 160GB iPod classic (named Marvin), and right now I'm at 4770 songs at the moment. Some of my favorite artists include Taylor Swift, Kate McGill, Laura Zocca, Meg & Dia, Lady Antebellum, and Kate Voegele. (Obviously I have a list of a million artists I could include, but I'm trying to keep this as short as I can.) And finally, I'm not afraid to post multiple times a day. I will try my hardest to just post once a day, but as you can tell, I have a lot of free time, and I'm a computer addict. When you pair those together, as well as a very active mind, you get multiple posts in a day. Please, don't be afraid of me. I'm just really really excited about sharing my thoughts and opinions. (Also, this doesn't count for today because it's just an "about me" type thing.)
Another thing that's important about me is that I always wish I could be someone or something else. Even though I love who I am and the things I do, I would love to be a million other people. And sometimes, the things I post will probably mirror the things my favorite people post or discuss or talk about. So, this is a quick ahead of time, "I'm sorry for copying you, but you're just so amazing!"
And I think to end this off, I'll give you some little quirky things about me. Or, at least, things that I think many people would be surprised about, but things that I think about all the time.
I share my third birthday with the Battle of Hogwarts. When I grow up I would love to live in a beach house in Maine or North Carolina. Of course, when I'm in my 20s and living alone, I would be perfectly content with living in a small apartment without a TV. I have written a novel (it's named Conspiracy). I have had a poem published in an anthology. My favorite vegetable would have to be cauliflower. One of my pet peeves is when people fold the corners of pages in a book. I don't really like candy other than Reese's and Hershey's chocolate. I like vanilla ice cream more than chocolate. I have written over 233 songs. I've never been to a high school dance, and I've only been to one high school football game. I do not like touch screens. My bedroom is bright orange. I've met Megan & Liz, and the Season 5 contestants of So You Think You Can Dance. My favorite channel on TV is currently the Food Network. If I ever get married, I want a plastic engagement ring, and a simple band for my wedding ring. I didn't wear make-up until I was a freshman in high school. I've taken summer school twice: once for Health, and once for Speech. My favorite class (so far) in high school has been Theory of Knowledge. I plan on applying to two colleges, one of which I don't even want to go to. I'm pretty sure I've spent the night in 18 states, but I've never left the United States.
And on that note, happy Thursday! Hope your weather isn't as hot as mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment