November 22, 2013

I am not alone.

November 22, 2013
It's strange how the most important people in history are the people who live inconspicuous lives. Anne Frank is one of those people. She proved that these thoughts, these words, these feelings that I throw out onto the internet are important. Even if I'm the only one who reads them, they are important. One day I will have people searching for me, for my soul, for my being, and they will find these words. I can say anything at all, and yet somewhere, sometime there is someone clinging to this sentence. They cling to the thoughts I have and how I see the world. That in itself is rather absurd because the way I view the world isn't very exciting, but someone will need this. Someone will want to know me when I'm gone; I'm convinced of it. Even if that person is my brother or  my mother or my best friend. So if you're reading this and you're searching for something, some part of me that's gone, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, that I couldn't stay longer, that I couldn't be more to you. But I know in this moment that I have done everything I could ever do. I don't regret anything, and I don't blame anyone for my mistakes. Of course, they might not even have been mistakes. Maybe everything I ever did was done on purpose. Like, I meant to meet that girl or I meant to spill my drink on you or I meant to fail that last final. Know this, however. The greatest part of my life, the part that I would never give up for the world, is the web of people I have built my life around. My brother, who makes me laugh. My mother who supports me even when I'm a pain. My father who understands me almost as well as he understands himself. My best friend who is my other half. My God who is here right now. I can feel him touching my heart. He's telling me that I'm not alone. I am not alone. For how could I be with so many people to love? I may lose my books, my shoes, my dignity, but I will never be alone. And that is the most important thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014