June 06, 2013

720 days later...

June 06, 2013
Well, it's over. Four years. 720 days. High school is over. Tomorrow is graduation, and I'm going to be playing in front of 500 people. Wow. I've changed so much over the years that it's hard to even...put into words what high school meant to me. I mean, high school has changed me. For the better. It was horrible, but beautiful. I wouldn't change it for the world. I started out as a puny shy freshman who wanted to try hard and get good grades. I turned into a girl who's still more quiet than shy who's willing to put herself out there and take risks. I am a girl who speaks her mind (when prompted) and who knows what she believes in. I'm not afraid to be myself, I'm not afraid to love things, and I've found some amazing people who feel the same. And now that I'm typing this, I keep thinking of those amazing UH-MAY-ZING people.
LAURA MY BEST FRIEND EVER
MOLLY THE GIRL WHO UNDERSTANDS ME
HANNAH MY SISTER
DANIELLE THE GIRL WITH THE BEST PERSONALITY
LEXIE MY BEAUTIFUL MUSICAL FANGIRL FRIEND
I just can't believe I won't get to see these people every day. Like, I took so many lunches and morning greetings for granted. I can't take back the days I was in a bad mood or the times I was nervous over a test or the times that I rambled on about absolutely nothing. These are the girls who have been there with me since forever. The girls who I will try my damn hardest to keep in touch with them if it kills me. I'm sitting in my bed thinking over high school, over friends, over the past...and it's hard. I'm going to live this summer to the fullest because I will not let my life be dominated by the computer when I have real people right in front of me. And I won't forget high school. I may let it drift out of focus, but I will always remember the heaven and hell it was. And just to make myself feel better, I'm going to post as many memories as I can before I lose them.

  • Running out of paper and using colored paper junior year
  • Performing "Reasons Why" in English freshman year
  • TOK with Mr. Hurdle and then Mr. K
  • Almost fainting during Prometheus
  • The time my english teacher seriously thought I was a murderous psychopath like Rask
  • Singing at Baccalaureate
  • Getting a 95% on my East of Eden paper
  • Watching Cinderella Man in APUSH
  • Talking constantly with Laura
  • Poking Molly in the back with my pen during Algebra II
  • Music Theory with a bunch of juniors and seniors and only two other sophomores
  • Showing off any of my original songs in English
  • Getting an A on my 2nd semester Physics final
  • Connecting with my relative Linda
  • NYG 2010
  • My first open mic on the last day of sophomore year
  • The Awakening retreat
  • Multiple amazing concerts
  • The Theaterfest
  • Getting a Macbook Pro for my birthday
  • Seeing Part 2 at Midnight
  • LEAKYCON
  • Meeting Megan & Liz
  • Growing out my hair
  • Sitting outside of the gym locker room every morning freshman year
  • Having my iPod stolen freshman year
  • Parties, upon parties, upon parties
  • Got my first job
  • Applied for college, got accepted to college, and sent in my deposit for college at Belmont
  • MY PHOTO II CLASS
  • Prom 2013
  • Academic Excellence Banquet
  • Perfect speech on autotuning in sophomore english
  • Making ice cream in chemistry
  • Rat dissection in biology
  • Creative Writing class
  • Having Photo I with Danielle
  • Getting one of my poems published in an anthology
  • Being awarded 4th in a local poetry contest
  • Romeo & Juliet video project
  • Hedda Gabler video project
  • TKAM, THOTS, TEWWG
  • When John used Max's mannequin arm as his own and shook Mr. Davis' hand freaking him out
  • BRICK CITY
  • Getting my locker decorated for my birthday sophomore year
  • Slow dancing at prom
  • Eating only 1 school lunch all four years
  • Senior breakfast, senior photo, senior meeting(s), senior royalties
  • Friends' final band concert
  • Dancing to Come On Eileen at prom
  • Dancing the Macarena with the principal at prom
  • That time the power went out at school for a few hours
  • Getting let out early one day sophomore year because of a snow storm
  • STANDING OUT AT THE BUS STOP IN EVERY KIND OF WEATHER
  • Rocking out hardcore on the bus
  • Talking with Laura on the bus
  • My delinquent 10th hour study hall senior year
  • Having 1st hour study hall in TL 106
  • NHS induction
  • First and only football game in the rain
  • Swimming in gym class
  • Finishing my EOE paper at noon the Saturday before it was due
  • Mr. G spending a day to just let us all vent in APUSH and then dumping out a huge tub filled with pop tabs to represent the Holocaust
  • Frau Houldieson's Christmas lights!!
  • Pitt and Alex and other foreign exchange students
  • Hefdaddy
  • Fernando and Puke throwing water bottles and trying to balance metersticks
  • Soccer Fest 2010 with German Club
  • Getting my prints about anorexia hung in the hallway for Intro to 2-D art
  • HEALTH IN SUMMER SCHOOL (and getting the first 100% on CPR in my class)
  • Speech in summer school (and doing my final speech on Harry Potter)
  • AP tests
  • Senior ditch day (when I didn't ditch)
  • Getting my driver's license
  • Getting my Nikon D3000
  • SATs and ACTs with lots of cough drops and vitamin C drops
  • Writing about 200 songs
  • Taking 4 years of guitar lessons
  • And so many things that even I can't remember them right now...
And that's it. It's over. I can't go back. I can try to remember, but I can't relive anything. And I'm dead tired right now, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished these past four years. And tomorrow I'm graduating. Well. This is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soundtrack in My Mind © 2014