I want to do great things this summer. I want to grow up. I want to go swimming in my new swimsuit. I want to read books and take pictures and go to parties and move to Nashville. I am terrified of living on my own, but I've seen other people do it successfully, so it can't be that hard, right? I've just been so caught up in other things that I haven't really thought about the fact that in 2 weeks I'll be done with high school. Not just graduated, that doesn't scare me, it's the whole "done with high school" thing that freaks me out. I've been there for four years building relationships, meeting new teachers, growing up, basically. And now...it's over. I don't have to deal with the people who've driven me insane for four years. I can move on, but should I? Some of those friends are the people who've made me who I am today. Take Laura for example. I would be completely different if I hadn't met her. And now I have to leave her? I guess I'm dwelling on graduation because party invitations and plans for presents...I'm trying to convince my parents to get me a Nikon D7000. I just really have fallen in love with photography, and I don't know how that happened. Anyway, I'm glad to be out of the "so what do you wanna do after high school" phase to "so are you glad to be done with high school" phase. Here I am reflecting on things while I'm on my mom's iPad at my cousin's house. Oh well. It's something.
No comments:
Post a Comment