Tonight I performed at my school's Baccalaureate program. I went last after a number of choir singers (who I gotta say were not as impressive as I'd expected), and I spent the whole time leading up to my performance trying to block out everyone else and say the lyrics over and over again in my head. When it was my turn to go up, I improv-ed a quick speech about the song meaning so I had some time to get used to the crowd, and then I attacked. And I sang it better than ever before. I stared at people, I smiled a people, and I wasn't afraid. Afterwards, I got numerous hugs (from people who I didn't expect) and compliments. Also, the VP of our class told me she was going to try and do everything in her power to get me to perform at graduation...but let's be honest. I'm not performing at graduation. I will be shocked if she gets me there. Happy, but shocked. Anyways, I had some nice pictures with my friends and I really loved seeing everyone's reactions to my song. (Also a few people were there who had never seen me perform live, so they were shocked to say the least.) Plus one of my good friends who graduated last year came to see me and it was nice to see her. (:






No comments:
Post a Comment