January 07, 2013
To Feel Correctly
January 07, 2013
When you're younger, you try your hardest to get as many friends as you can. Facebook tends to increase this idea that you need a lot of friends to be happy. I disagree. Not because I'm a "hipster" or because I don't have many friends or because I'm cynical (though I can be all those things at other times), but because recently I've found a few good friends who've changed my life. I know this is sappy and lame, but I wanted to write something sappy since I finished The Fault in Our Stars. First book of 2013. Anyways, I have a few good friends and they just make me really happy sometimes. They also depress me and madden me and sadden me at sometimes, but that's okay. I'm really excited for college because I feel like it's kindergarten- with an edge. Now we're all 18/19 year old kids running around looking for new friends, but we kinda know what kind we want. Personally I'm going to be searching for weird, underrated, beautiful (inside or out or both), strange, fascinating people who like literature, quotes, Harry Potter, etc. I am going to find friends, and they are going to be amazing, I can feel it. I also say this because one of my internet friends said we could possibly be roommates next year if a lot of things go right. It's not a definite yes, but just the idea that she considers me livable friend material is compliment enough. I guess...I don't know. Today has been a combination of happy and depressed and bored and tired all in one. And it's hard to feel correctly, for me. I tend to make myself feel more than just let myself feel, you know? I put on music or try to cry or just talk to myself about things that probably don't even matter. But I'm still procrastinating and I'm not dead, so I must be doing something right. (As you can tell, I just type until I'm done.) My point is, I guess, cherish your friends. They are never perfect, but sometimes that's what makes them perfect. Imperfections are beautiful when they're imperfect with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment